Dan & Diane Cassidy
2112 Demerse Ave.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Five Quail Books
Out-of-print, first editions, used, and new books, prints, maps, photos/photo albums, periodicals, documents and ephemera (plus a limited selection of audio/visual material) relating to the Grand Canyon, Colorado River and Colorado Plateau. Many of the out-of-print books are scarce-to-rare editions by Powell, Dutton, Stone, Eddy, Abbey and others.
• Archaeology, botany, geology, etc.
• Park history, hiking, etc.
• Colorado River exploration, dams, river running, etc.
• Glen Canyon and Rainbow Bridge exploration & history
• Mormon and Native American families, history, etc.
• Fred Harvey Company, Santa Fe Railway, Kolb Brothers, Verkamps
• River running guides
• USGS Bulletins, Professional Papers, Water-Supply Papers
• Utah Anthropological Papers
• Edward Abbey
Stock shown by appointment only. Book shop visited by customers from around the world! Call or write for latest hard copy of catalog. We accept CHECKS and PAYPAL.
All items listed in catalogs are subject to prior sale. Please check with us for title availability.
• Catalog 32 (August 2012)
• Catalog 31 (November 2011)
• New Releases (updated 2011)
• Catalog 30 (January 2011)
• Trail Guides-River Guides (January 2011)
• Catalog 29 (October 2010)
• Catalog 28 (September 2010)
• Catalog 27 (April 2009)
• Catalog 26 (February 2009)
• Catalog 25 (September 2008)
• Geology/Arch./Misc List (May 2008)
• Native American List (May 2008)
You may reach us by phone, email or letter.
The answering service takes calls when we are away or when we are on the phone.
All orders are honored in the order received.
Late orders always welcome, and often are productive as we are constantly rebuilding our stock.
We accept payment by check or cash, or PayPal.
If we don't have what you want, we will do our best to find any title for you. No extra charge for search services.
We always are looking to rebuild our stock from private collections and dealers. Please send us a description and quote. We enjoy hearing from you.
The best Grand Canyon reference site:
Bibliography of the Grand Canyon and Lower Colorado River